How to get flawless skin without makeup after pregnancy
Have you ever wondered how models and actresses manage to look so perfect all the time? Learn the secrets to getting a list glow of your own! This article goes beyond the basics and will show you how to have flawless skin forever.
5 SECRETS FOR EFFORTLESSLY CLEANED SKIN
- Protect your ph level. Healthy skin is slightly acidic, with a ph level between 4.5 and 6. Acid is important – it kills bacteria and draws blood and nutrients to the surface of the skin. Many commercial soaps and skin care products are highly alkaline, which can dull the skin and lead to breakouts. The solution: use gentle, ph-balanced cleansers and follow with a toner to restore your skin's natural acidity.
- Don't overclean. Unless you work in a coal mine, there is no need to wash your face more than once per day. Excessive washing dries the skin and wreaks havoc on your ph level. Give yourself a thorough cleaning at night and follow with a splash of cool water in the morning.
- Install a shower filter. The things that come out of the faucet are truly frightening! Tap water contains chlorine and other contaminants that strip skin of its natural oils and dull it with pollutants. Use a shower filter to get skin that is soft and sparkling clean. You could also take a tip from Cameron Diaz, who refuses to wash her face in anything but Evian water!
- Use yogurt. Plain natural yogurt is an excellent cleanser for all skin types; it balances blemished skin and soothes tired lines. Use chilled organic yogurt for the best results. Massage 2-3 tablespoons onto your face and rinse with cool water.
- Remove make-up with mayo. You might not find mayonnaise on any high priced makeup counter, but this humble condiment is excellent at removing eye make-up - it's gentle and loaded with natural moisturizers. Simply dab a small amount onto the eye area and remove with a wet cotton pad.